Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Beginnings

So I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while.  Of course it took a big event in my life to make a blog happen.  That big event occurred a few weeks ago.  After my first ever wellness physical in my 27 years of life, I was told that something was wrong.  Another two weeks of doctor's visits and tests, I was diagnosed with Hodgkin Lymphoma Stage 2B.  I currently have a tumor that sits in between my heart and breastbone.  Over the past month I have had a double hernia surgery, bone marrow biopsy, lymph node biopsy, chemo port placement, 3 CT scans, and a PET scan.  All this was just the physical, but what you don't expect is all the emotional scans that happen after diagnosis.  My wife and I first found out it was probably Hodgkin's on a Wednesday so the first thing we did was head straight to our church to tell our church family.  We knew we needed prayer cover.  Over the next few days there were many meetings with family, phone calls to friends, and conversations with coworkers about my news.  Each time you tell your diagnosis story, it becomes less real.  It becomes something that you are just reading from a teleprompter just off camera.  But my story is real and the struggle is as well.  That is why I am starting a blog.  I do not want to just post things to certain media outlets that are long and in depth about my struggles and journey, but I do want people to have access to it.  This is the best way I can do that now.  I hope that my journey as a follower of Christ through this experience will be an inspiration and encouragement to everyone who reads this.


No comments:

Post a Comment